Design, advocate, and implement improvements to business systems, including: ERP, WMS, EDI, and supporting applications, with the goal of supporting business processes and improving efficiency. This role will include managing integration projects, troubleshooting code, focusing on data integrity/consistency, utilizing agile development methodology, and coding best-practices, consistent with IT security policy, financial/IT change management controls and practices.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (Essential Functions)
- Authorized and responsible to continuously improve upon and perform all duties according to established Security, Quality, Safety and Employee policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assessing Barnes business technology needs along with team members as well as planning, implementing, and maintaining the computer systems infrastructure to best meet those needs.
- Build, test and customize software applications and components.
- Install and upgrade software products for end users as required.
- Train end users to operate new or modified programs as needed.
- Responsible to help troubleshoot and resolve software, network, and hardware problems as needed.
- Responsible for and authorized to perform updates for vendor supplied applications and operating systems according to specifications.
- Responsible for evaluating new technologies and recommending their adoption or exclusion from the company’s technological infrastructure.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with the implementation or development/support of enterprise resource planning or financial accounting systems.
- Ability to read, write and understand programming code.
- Working knowledge of SQL including writing and understanding queries of underlying data sources.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to learn and understand business processes and business needs.
- Design and implement system changes to improve business processes.
- Required: Associated Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- Work Experience
- Required: 1 year experience application support and development
- Preferred: 2 year business systems support and/or development, including Microsoft SQL Stack
- Alternative Qualifications: 3+ years business systems support and/or development
- Required Licenses: None
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
Personal Tool Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hearing and eye protections are provided
- Visual Acuity requirements: Computer work, close inspection
- Physical working conditions: Inside environment
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but is often loud in specified areas. If necessary, hearing and eye protection are provided.
- Safety Shoes meeting OSHA/ANSI Z-41 specifications are required for anyone working in the production department. Anyone working on the ammunition loading equipment or working in the Ballistic Lab are also required to have electrostatic dissipative (ESD) shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk, including climbing stairs
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various office equipment
- Traveling occasionally by vehicle and airplane.
- Motion and sensory requirements: Stopping, Reaching, Fingering, Talking, Hearing
- Occasionally must lift, pull, push and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Good hygiene and grooming habits. Must maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Starting salary: DOE
- Incentive Plan
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits available
- Employer matches on 401(k) plan
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employee discounts on Barnes Bullets products and services
Barnes Bullets is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.