LAST UPDATED MAY 4, 2021
I. Personal information we collect
Types of Information We Collect:
The information we collect from you varies depending on the way you use our Website or interact with us. The information we collect may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. The types of Personal Information we may collect/receive from you include without limitation:
- identifiers, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, account name, or similar identifiers;
- financial information, such as your account or credit card number;
- commercial information, including records of products purchased, obtained or considered, or other purchase history data;
- internet activity information, including but not limited to your browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Website or advertisements;
- geolocation data;
- professional or employment-related information and other demographic information and profile data, such as age and income level; and
- inferences drawn from any of the information above used to create a consumer profile.
Personal Information does not include consumer information that is deidentified, aggregate consumer information, or publicly available information (i.e., information that is lawfully made available from government records).
We may also collect other types of information, such as:
- browser type and language, operating system, domain server, type of computer or device, and other information about the device you use to access the Website.
How Information is Collected:
Personal Information may be obtained from the following sources:
- directly from you, e.g., whenever you submit information on our Website (e.g., by filling out a form or survey), request information, products or services, subscribe to our email list, online magazine or newsletter, enter a contest, contact us, post a review or comment, or purchase products;
- from technology when you visit the Website, including cookies and similar technologies; and
- from third parties, such as dealers and resellers, service providers, data brokers / resellers of data, business partners, advertising networks, and social media platforms and networks.
About “Do Not Track” Signals:
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that Internet users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track option, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. Like many websites, our Website does not at this time respond to such requests sent via a Do Not Track signal.
II. How we use personal information
Except as set forth herein, Personal Information is generally kept for our business purposes and primarily used to assist you in your current or future communications and/or transactions or in analyzing sales trends.
Barnes does not sell, rent or provide your Personal Information to third parties, except as described herein.
Personal Information we collect through the Website may be used:
- to bill you for products and services, ship products, send orders, and process and fulfill orders and transactions;
- to provide you with information via emails, online magazines, newsletters, or otherwise, about our company, products, events, and promotions;
- to get in touch with you when necessary;
- to serve our own internal business purposes, such as maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, verifying customer information, processing payments, and performing analytics;
- to conduct internal research for research, development and product improvement;
- to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or product and to improve, upgrade or enhance the service or product;
- to tailor your experience on our Website, e.g., by showing you content that we think you might be interested in, and displaying the content according to your preferences;
- for short-term transient use, such as customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- for marketing or advertising;
- for services of third parties that you authorize;
- in a de-identified or aggregate format; and
- in the case of IP Addresses, to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Website, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information.
III. How we share personal information
We do not sell Personal Information to third parties, and we will not share your Personal Information with third parties except as outlined herein. We may share your Personal Information with certain third parties, including:
- Barnes entities and parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, for the purposes and under the conditions outlined herein.
- Other manufacturers or affiliate partners with whom we jointly operate stores, provide services or sell product lines.
- Service providers processing Personal Information for business purposes on our behalf, for example: to process credit cards and payments; to fulfill orders and arrange for shipping and deliveries; to host, manage and service our data; to distribute emails, online magazines and newsletters; to conduct research and analysis; to perform advertising and analytics; to manage brand and product promotions; and to administer certain other services and features. We may use and disclose Personal Information to third-party analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to evaluate your use of the Website, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics, and collect and evaluate other information related to the Website.
- Other third parties to the extent necessary to: (i) comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law; (ii) prevent illegal uses of our Website or violations of our policies; (iii) defend ourselves against third party claims; and (iv) assist in fraud prevention or investigation (e.g., counterfeiting).
- Another party in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, merger, acquisition, dissolution or liquidation).
- Any other third party where you have provided your consent.
IV. Opting out of communications
If you sign up for an electronic newsletter, online magazine or e-mail list, each message will include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from that list. We give you the opportunity to elect not to receive future materials from us.
V. Consumer Privacy for California Residents
If you are a California resident, the processing of certain personal data about you may be subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable California state privacy laws. Beginning January 1, 2020, the CCPA gives you certain rights with respect to the processing of your Personal Information.
This section provides additional privacy disclosures and informs you of key additional rights as a California resident.
Right to Know Request:
Under the CCPA, you have a right to request information about our collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information over the prior 12 months, and ask that we provide you with the following information:
- Categories of and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collect Personal Information.
- Purposes for collecting, using, or selling Personal Information.
- Categories of third parties with which we share Personal Information.
- Categories of Personal Information disclosed about you for a business purpose.
- If applicable, categories of Personal Information sold about you and the categories of third parties to which the Personal Information was sold, by category or categories of Personal Information for each third party to which the Personal Information was sold.
To make a verifiable request for information about the Personal Information we have collected about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Delete Request:
Under the CCPA, you also have a right to request that we delete personal information, subject to certain exceptions. You may exercise your right to delete by emailing us at email@example.com. Once your request is verified and we have determined that we are required to delete that information in accordance with applicable law, we will delete your Personal Information accordingly. Your request to delete your Personal Information may be denied if it is necessary for us to retain your information under one or more of the exceptions listed in the CCPA. Please note that a record of your deletion request may be kept pursuant to our legal obligations.
We do not knowingly collect household data. If all the members of a household makes a Right to Know or Right to Delete request, we will respond as if the requests are individual requests.
General Requests under CCPA:
You may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information twice per 12-month period. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
Requests made through Agents:
You may designate, in writing or through a power of attorney document, an authorized agent to make requests on your behalf to exercise your rights. Before accepting such a request from an agent, we will require that the agent provide proof you have authorized them to act on your behalf, and we may need you to verify your identity directly with us.
Disclosures of Personal Information for a Business Purpose:
In the last 12 months, we may have disclosed certain Personal Information (e.g., username; display name; email address; billing information and history; business information, if applicable) to third party recipients for one or more business purposes.
California Privacy Rights under the “Shine the Light” Law:
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code (a separate law from the CCPA), residents of California have the right to ask us for a notice describing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties or among our affiliated companies, for their direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and body of your message. Please allow 30 days for a response.
VI. Terms & Conditions
Warning re Export Restrictions
Warning re Export Restrictions: Export from the United States of certain Barnes products is strictly prohibited without a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of State, in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (“ITAR”) (22 C.F.R. 120-130), or a valid export license issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce, in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) (15 C.F.R. 730-774). Furthermore, United States law prohibits the sale, transfer or export of items to certain restricted parties, destinations, and embargoed countries, as identified on lists maintained by the U.S. Department of State, the U.S. Department of Commerce, and the U.S. Department of Treasury. It is your responsibility to be aware of these lists and the items identified thereon. You represent, warrant and certify, by proceeding with this or any transaction with Barnes, that you will not engage in any unauthorized transaction involving the export of Barnes products to any restricted parties or destinations or for any restricted purpose. You further represent, warrant and certify, by proceeding with any transaction to purchase any items from Barnes, that you will comply with all requirements imposed by all applicable laws, regulations and administrative policies. Barnes reserves the right to inquire into the end user, end use, and country of ultimate destination of any product that it sells to you or anyone else.
VII. Protecting Your Privacy
We work to protect the security of your Personal Information during any transmission of same by utilizing reasonable security measures to protect such transmissions. It is likewise important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and computer, and to sign out when finished using a shared computer.
Our Website may provide links to third party sites. Since we do not control those websites, we encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these third party sites and any other sites that you visit. Barnes is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third party sites. Additionally, the existence of any hyperlink does not imply that Barnes endorses the linked company, product or service.
Please note that our third-party service providers also have their own privacy policies. We recommend that you also read third-party service providers’ privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your Personal Information will be handled by these providers. Barnes is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third-party service providers.
VIII. Children’s Privacy
We do not sell products for purchase by children. We do not direct our Website to, nor do we knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under age 18. By submitting Personal Information to us via the Website, you represent, warrant and certify that you are at least 18 years of age. If we discover that a child under the age of 18 has provided us with any personally identifiable information, we will delete that information from our systems. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 18 whom you believe has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that there are parental control tools available such as browsers and filtering software that parents and guardians can use to prevent children from accessing inappropriate sites.
We will update this Policy from time to time. We will notify users of such changes by posting a revised Policy on this page. Such changes will be effective immediately upon posting of the revised Policy to the Website. We encourage you to check back periodically so that you are always aware of any such changes.
All content included on this Website, including without limitation all text, photos, graphics, logos, button icons, characters, artwork, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software and other content, and all HTML, CGA and other code and scripts in any format on or used to implement the Website, is either the property of Barnes or used by Barnes under license, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright law and other intellectual property laws. The selection, arrangement and compilation of all content, facts, data and information on the Website is the exclusive property of Barnes and is protected by U.S. and international law. The mark BARNES® is the exclusive property of Barnes Bullets – Mona, LLC. All user-generated content you submit through our Website, including without limitation all opinions, ideas, suggestions, reviews and other feedback, may be used by Barnes and its affiliates, without any restriction and free of charge, and nothing contained in this Policy shall limit or otherwise affect this.
XI. International Users
The Website that links to this Policy is intended only for users in the United States. If you choose to provide us with your information, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of that information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. The information collected by us may be subject to international and U.S. state and federal law. If you are accessing the Website from outside the U.S., please be advised that you may be transferring your personal information to us in the United States where data protection and privacy laws may be different than the laws of your country. By using the Website, you consent to the transfer and use of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please notify us.
Barnes Bullets – Mona, LLC
2084 East 3900
South Salt Lake City, Utah 84124
Phone: (435) 856-1000