Production Planner - Buyer
Send applications and questions to [email protected] or fax to 1-833-923-0578.
We welcome resumes, but aren’t able to accept them without an application.
Responsible for developing weekly production plans that satisfy forecast requirements. Coordinates all necessary activities to assist in meeting planned production requirements, including purchasing of materials. Interfaces regularly with Product Management and R&D personnel. Responsible for setting a production plan that works within the capacity constraints of the production area.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (Essential Functions)
Develops monthly, weekly, and daily production plans designed to meet the specific requirements of the Master Production Schedule.
- Develops a capacity plan, considering machine capabilities, known capacity constraints and other factors which may affect the successful fulfillment of the Master Production Schedule requirements.
- Finalizes specific monthly production plans with the Department Supervisors.
- Interfaces daily with Product Management and Sales, collecting updates on product demand and communicating changes in scheduled production due to manufacturing related difficulties.
- Interfaces daily with Production Planners, communicating changes in demand, gain understanding of manufacturing related opportunities that may be preventing accomplishment of the production schedule, and ascertain agreement on changes in the MPS that are inside of established product lead-times.
- Make daily adjustments to the MPS based upon all the inputs collected and communicate those changes to all the appropriate people.
- Assist process engineering in developing and verifying bill of material, routing, equipment, and other critical master data to ensure accurate information in the ERP system.
- Co-ordinates the fulfillment of customer orders ultimately shipped from the Mona facility.
- Communicates with all necessary parties missed production, providing information as to the root cause and corrective action taken to meet the original requirement.
- Develops an MPS that allows the business to meet targeted finished goods inventory levels. Identifies slow moving inventory, product repack potentials, and other inventory reduction opportunities.
- Works directly with responsible R & D engineers on scheduling experimental and trial & pilot production for new products introductions.
- Review, plan, schedule and co-ordinate estimated completion dates on OEM orders.
- Handles purchasing materials required to meet production needs.
- For those areas specifically assigned, directly plans and communicates raw material requirements with raw material suppliers. Co-ordinates all necessary activities with the supplier, purchasing, and other internal personnel to ensure timely delivery of raw materials.
- Responsible for overseeing bullet raw material cycle counting on a monthly basis and submit accurate counts using the MRP system.
- Must be willing to maintain clean forklift certification, if necessary.
- Must be willing and able to work more than regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Education, Skills, and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or field related degree; or equivalent work- related experience.
- Three to five years progressive experience in high volume production planning.
- Experience with purchasing and/or materials management in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of MRP and inventory management principles. APICS or CSCP Certification desired.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers ,and the general public.
- Strong practical problem solving skills.
- Solid analytical background.
- Experience with ERP desired.
- Possess a solid knowledge of MS-Office software products.
- Possess strong basic math skills.
Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient enough to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
Personal Tool Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but is often loud in specified areas. Hearing and eye protection is provided.
- Safety Shoes meeting OSHA/ANSI Z-41 specifications are required for anyone working in the production department. Anyone working on the ammunition loading equipment or working in the Ballistic Lab are also required to have electrostatic dissipative (ESD) shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good hygiene and grooming habits. Must maintain a clean, professional appearance at all times
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to stand and walk, including climbing stairs
- Use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various office equipment
- Occasionally must lift, pull, push and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Starting salary: DOE
- Incentive Plan
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits available
- Employer matches on 401(k) plan
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employee discounts on Barnes Bullets products and services
Barnes Bullets is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.