Sales Support Representative
Send applications and questions to [email protected] or fax to 1-833-923-0578.
For the Sales Support Representative position please submit a resume with the application.
The Sales Support Representative is responsible for taking and processing customer orders and ensuring customer satisfaction with frequent interaction via phone, email and the Barnes web store. The SSR is responsible for managing all aspects of the Barnes online store. They will also be responsible for providing exceptional customer service for various channels including OEM, GOV/DEF, Buying Groups and dealers. They are also able to work cross functionally within all levels of the organization and provide support as needed and directed. The SSR will also be required to attend trade shows as needed. Must be willing to travel. This is not a telecommute position.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (Essential Functions)
Maintains effective customer relations and exceptional customer service.
- Receives customer orders by phone, mail, internet, email, fax, or sales reps, or SSR.
- Manage all aspects of online store order processing, update inventory levels, and ensure product has shipped.
- Determines and/or verifies the required product, pricing, packaging, and delivery.
- Reviews and accepts or rejects Purchase Orders, questionable PO’s will be reviewed with CSM
- Provides timely and effective communication to Customers regarding acceptance of orders, promised ship dates, terms and conditions, and subsequent changes.
- Manages order-processing activities to ensure that customer product and warranty orders will be filled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Verifies and tracks Customer’s FFLs when needed and applicable
- Responds to customer’s inquiries or complaints regarding the organization’s products or services.
- Work with CSM to determine best method to resolve complex customer service problems to ensure customer satisfaction and adherence to organizational policies.
- Coordinates information to resolve problems.
- Informs customers of procedures or resolution of problem.
- Follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintains and prepares reports regarding orders taken and products shipped.
- Makes periodic calls to existing customers to determine satisfaction with the organization, products, or services.
- Follows procedures and guidance to ensure that customer inquiries, orders, requests, and complaints are handled and processed in accordance with the organization’s objectives.
- Promotes and fosters an environment of open communication while creating a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with all Regulatory requirements needed in order to ship component bullets and ammunition
Education, Skills, and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree and/or five years’ industry experience preferred.
- Customer Service and Sales Support experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working at all levels of the organization.
- Effective utilization of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, Word
- Experience with managing E-Commerce business desired
- Understanding of company accounting procedures related to placing orders, shipping, billing, and collections.
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized and efficient.
- Customer Focused.
- Ability to communicate professionally in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language sufficient to perform the following:
- Communicate effectively with other team members and supervision
- Read and comprehend process instructions
- Record pertinent process information as required
Personal Tool Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but is often loud in specified areas. Hearing and eye protection is provided.
- Employee will be exposed to a bore cleaning agent with a strong ammonia odor. A respirator program exists for those who require it.
- Safety Shoes meeting OSHA/ANSI Z-41 specifications are required for anyone working in the production department. Anyone working on the ammunition loading equipment or working in the Ballistic Lab are also required to have electrostatic dissipative (ESD) shoes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good hygiene and grooming habits. Must maintain a clean, professional appearance at all times
- Required to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to talk and hear
- Vision abilities include: close vision, distant vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- Occasionally required to stand and walk, including climbing stairs
- Use hands to finger, grasp, handle, feel or operate objects
- Hand-eye coordination necessary to operate computers and various office equipment
- Occasionally must lift, pull, push and/or move up to 20 pounds
- Starting salary: DOE
- Incentive Plan
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits available
- Employer matches on 401(k) plan
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Employee discounts on Barnes Bullets products and services
Barnes Bullets is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.