October 18, 2014
1. Start by browning venision and onion in pan with worcestershire sauce. Add the oregano and mushrooms if you decide to include them. Put lid on and cook until onions are soft.
2. Add Beef oxo, mix well add flour and mix, add beef consume stir well add red wine.
Mixture will be thick, if it’s too thick add a little of the potato water (see below). Simmer while the potatoes are boiling, for about 20 mins.
3. Boil potatoes until soft. Mash with milk and a little salt. Whip potatoes until light and fluffy. This makes it easier to spread over meat mixture.
4. Pour the meat mixture into a 11x 13 casserole dish. Put dollops of potato over the top by spoonfulls once you have covered the meat spread with a fork.
5. Bake @ 350 degrees for about 45 – 60 mins until golden brown. Let sit for a 10 mins.
Yeild: 8 servings.
To ensure that the pie doesn’t bubble over into your oven, place a cookie sheet on the rack below it to catch anything that might drip over.
Serve the pie with peas and carrots, or your side dishes of choice. Enjoy this great venison dish!